Garden City Premises Liability Lawyers
The owner or manager of a property is responsible for maintaining it in a reasonably safe manner. People who enter a property are responsible for using reasonable caution. Not every slip and fall accident in a supermarket or broken arm on a school playground entitles an injured person to bring a claim against a property owner.
Holding someone responsible for dangerous conditions
When an injury occurs in a public building, a pool or playground, or even at a private residence, a judge will look for evidence that the owner knew or should have known about the potential danger. For example:
- Was that spill left in the store aisle for 15 minutes? Was it a repeated problem?
- Had parents previously complained about unsafe playground equipment?
- Was the owner sited by safety inspectors for a missing handrail?
- Were the safety harnesses missing for construction workers working at elevations?
- Did the homeowner have a history of not shoveling the sidewalk?
The legal help you need to prove your case
It's the job of a personal injury attorney in premises liability cases to gather the kind of evidence needed to prove your injury claim. At the Law Offices of Louis D. Stober, Jr., L.L.C., we've been helping injured people get financial compensation for more than 20 years.
If you or a member of your family was injured on unsafe property, talk with one of our experienced injury lawyers about whether you have a valid premises liability claim. Contact our Garden City law office to schedule a free consultation. We can answer your questions, explain the law in this area, and help you decide how to move forward.
Handling any kind of premises liability case
We represent people throughout New York City, Long Island, and the Hudson River Valley area with premises liability cases, such as:
- Slip and fall accidents in icy parking lots or on slippery floors with no warning signs present
- Trip and fall accidents on broken sidewalks, from frayed or unsecured carpeting, or tripping on merchandise in a store aisle
- Injuries to children from unsafe conditions on school grounds or on playgrounds
- Swimming pool accidents, including those in motels, hotels, schools, hydro-therapy pools, and on private property
- Dog bites
- Falls in stairwells with missing hand rails and inadequate lighting
- Being struck by falling boxes in a retail warehouse store or falling materials near a construction site
- Negligent security, missing or broken security locks, and understaffed security in parking ramps, offices, nightclubs, or security apartment complexes leaving people vulnerable to sexual assault and violent attacks
Can you recover money for your injuries?
There are strict time limitations for filing a premises liability claim. Contact a lawyer promptly to review your potential case. There is no fee for a consultation so you have nothing to lose by checking with a lawyer to see if you have a case.
Call our Garden City, New York law office at 877-881-7185. It is our goal to see that every client at our firm recovers full and fair compensation for his or her losses
Law Offices of Louis D. Stober, Jr., L.L.C.
New York Slip and Fall Injury Lawyers