We Help Injured Workers
If you were injured on the job, had an existing medical condition get worse because of your employment or developed a work-related illness, you are covered by workers’ compensation, but are you receiving all the benefits you should?
Few employees understand all the benefits and compensation they can receive. It’s not uncommon for workers to find themselves in a dispute with an employer or an insurance company over some aspect of their coverage. If you have questions about workers’ compensation, or if you have been denied workers’ compensation, contact the Law Offices of Louis Stober Jr., L.L.C.
Workplace Injury Attorneys Helping You Get The Compensation You Deserve
For over 35 years, our employment lawyers have been protecting the rights of workers in employment law disputes and labor law cases. We can get you the help you need to get the compensation you deserve.
We represent employees who have suffered workplace injuries anywhere on Long Island, New York City and throughout New York state. You can rely on us to help you obtain all of the benefits to which you may be entitled, including:
- Replacement for lost wages
- Coverage of medical bills, medications and therapy
- Job retraining if your injuries will make it impossible for you to work in your current job again
- Monetary damages for permanent, full or partial disability
Common Workers’ Compensation Disputes
An employer or the employer’s insurance company may fight the employee and deny the workers’ compensation claim, or they may pay a smaller portion than they should. These are some of the common issues that lead to disputes:
- The insurer denies the claim and disputes that the injury or illness is related to work.
- The insurer disputes the extent of the workers’ injuries.
- The insurer does not pay for all the treatments the worker believes it should cover.
- The insurer does not pay the amount that it should for a full or partial disability.
Were Your Injuries Caused By Someone Outside The Company?
If you were injured on the job because of the actions of a third party, you may be able to bring a personal injury lawsuit in addition to seeking workers’ compensation. For example, if you were injured while using machinery that was defective, or if you were involved in a car crash while driving for work, you may be able to file this type of suit.
Contact the employment law attorneys at Law Offices of Louis Stober Jr., L.L.C., to learn more about your benefits under New York workers’ compensation law. Call us toll-free at 877-791-8076.